When you feel good, your whole life changes for the positive and can have some major impacts in many areas of life. A little spring in your step may be just what you need! Appreciating yourself for who you are, and loving the skin you are in are the first steps in successful redirection. Every week in our dance class we celebrate our achievements no matter how big or small they may be. Maybe you learned a new Belly Dance move, maybe you finally conquered the Cobra Arms you have been desperately trying to master, or maybe just showing up for class was your biggest feat! Any effort is acceptable, as long as you are trying and remember to appreciate yourself for your efforts. Here are a few tips to help get you on the road to Self-Love and Self-Acceptance:
- Find your core values, and make efforts to stay on track. Abide by them and stick to your guns. Commit to yourself.
- Don’t worry about what other people are thinking, close off negative or toxic relationships that may be harmful to your self-worth.
- Take care of your body! Walk, dance, stretch…do anything that gets your blood pumping for at least 20-30 minutes per day. Fresh air is healing, and can really clear your head.
- Live happily, don’t stick with a job or career that makes you dread getting up every day! Make changes, even plan to change…you will be amazed what a bright future you have ahead of you.
- Make good decisions, whether it be what you eat, drink or put into your body. Getting educated about choices is Body-Positive knowledge.
- Speak kindly to yourself, if not today, then there’s always tomorrow! Don’t beat yourself up for having dessert or missing your walk. Have one cheat day per week to relax and re-group.